Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design - Existing Building (LEED-EB) Certification Cleaning Can Impact 10 Credits (Plus 1 to 4 Innovation Credits).
- Sustainable Sites (2 Credits)
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources (3 Credits)
- Indoor Environmental Quality (5 Credits)
- Innovation Credits (1-4 Credits)
For a building to be awarded a LEED-EB certification, it must achieve the appropriate number of credits for that level. As all credits are equal in value, every business must assess the cost relative to achieving individual points. Some points will be relatively expensive, while cleaning points may turn out to be some of the least expensive.
- The cost to install a "green" roof on an existing building can be quite expensive, $50,000 or more depending upon the size of the roof. This is not only due to the expense of adding the planting boxes and vegetation, but frequently the roofing structure itself will need to be modified to support the additional weight.
- Waterless urinals may only cost approximately $350 each. However for some of these waterless urinals the monthly cost of chemicals can be in the neighborhood of $35.
- Photovoltaics (solar power), wind power and other alternate energies can each be quite expensive to add to an existing building.
Because the cost of green products and services are not significantly different than costs already being incurred, cleaning credits may prove to give an exceptional return on your investment.
Mr. Clean Systems has always been concerned with providing products that are safe for both the user and the environment. We now offer Green Seal Certified products to meet a variety of end-user needs. We continue to research and introduce the best GREEN cleaning products to conform to:
- Green Seal Health and Environmental Requirements
- Green Seal Performance Requirement
GREEN SEAL Health and Safety Requirements
- Reduced human and aquatic toxicity
- Does not contain carcinogens or reproductive toxins
- Non-corrosive to the skin and eyes
- Non-skin sensitizing
- Flash point >150° F
- Shall be biodegradable
- Less than 0.5% phosphorous
- Product must be concentrated with a minimum dilution of 1:8
- Shall not contain dibutyl phlatate, heavy metals, alkylphenol ethoxylates (APE's) or ozone-depleting compounds